I have always had a fascination with America. Maybe seeing so much of it in the movies and television it becomes almost a mystical land. It certainly has such diversity and offers something for everyone. From the excitement and sheer frenetic energy of New York City to the scale and beauty of the Grand Canyon. It has its share of run-down and tacky places, as with anywhere, but overall it remains on my list of places to visit and explore.
There really is a lot to see and it's not until you are there that you can appreciate the size of the country. California alone is around 800 miles from end to end and around 200 miles wide. A trip from the Mexican border in the south to the Oregon state line in the north would take you around 15 hours driving (assuming no traffic!). Even Los Angeles is spreadout - just over 500 square miles. And this is just one of the 50 states.
- See more of our visit to Arizona
- See more of our visit to California
- See more of our visit to Miami and the Florida Keys
- See more of our visit to Maui, Hawaii
- See more of our visit to Las Vegas, Nevada
- See more of our visit to New York City
- See more of our visit to Utah
- See more of our visit to Wyoming